UHW Investment Funds
Urban Homeworks offers innovative ways to put your investment capital to work through funds that are used to fill financing gaps on rental and home ownership projects.
RENTAL: Reclaim: URBANLOAN, LLC is the first successful initiation of an investment fund that Urban Homeworks is utilizing to further its mission. The $1,250,000 in private investment capital raised leveraged more than $8.4 million from a variety of funding sources that included a mix of grants, deferred loans and 0% interest financing.
- Allows Urban Homeworks to offer lower rates on more dignified homes for households of low-income
- Adds 15 additional Urban Neighbor spots
- Adds 46 units bringing our total scattered site rental portfolio to 100 units
- Rehabilitates 36 current units to restabilize them for the next 10-15 years
- Retires $1.77 million in amortizing debt
- Infuses $1.25 million of patient private equity into Urban Homeworks
- Spreads liability for the rental units across multiple LLCs to limit liability exposure
Download a brief Executive Summary of URBANLOAN, LLC here.
Project: Reclaim is a home ownership program created to facilitate successful home ownership – helping to create healthy, vibrant, and sustaining communities. Through PROJECT: Reclaim we equip and support people who have been declined a mortgage due to credit challenges and create opportunities to affordably own a home. Households participate in a credit enhancement program and debt reduction to minimize financial risk and maximize household stability.
Urban Homeworks will be rehabilitating 20 single family homes in 2012. We are currently putting the underlying financing pieces together to support this effort. The underlying financing includes an opportunity for private investment. More information about the PROJECT: Reclaim investment opportunity is coming soon.